Excellent news! Welsh Newspapers Online have added six new titles to their database: Cambrian News 1860 -1910 Cambrian 1804-1910 Cardiff Times 1858 - 1910 Monmouthshire Merlin 1829 - 1884 South Wales Daily Post 1893 -1900 Weekly Mail 1879-1910 I was really impressed with this free-to-access archive when I reviewed it back in March. The new titles represent a significant expansion of the database - particularly in its coverage of South Wales. I've run through my usual set of searches and discovered another example of the 'You Kick the Bucket; We Do the Rest' joke!
- VMM Update – Finding Jokes
- Introducing… the Victorian Meme Machine!
- Nineteenth-Century Nuts: The Anatomy of a Victorian Lad’s Mag (Part 1)
- Talk: Digital Detectives – Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom
- Musical Prize Fight
- History and Humour: British and American Perspectives
- Gale Dissertation Research Fellowship 2013
- Welsh Newspapers Online – 6 New Titles Added.
- First Look: Gale Artemis
- First Look: Daily Mail Historical Archive
In 19th century slang, describing something as COLD MUFFIN meant that it was mediocre, or practically worthless.19 hours ago
Are you beach body ready. Is your meat-wrapped skeleton prepared. Are your flesh-covered bones visually correct for coastal deployment.19 hours ago
This is a brilliant department and deserves better. twitter.com/ucu_uherts/sta…20 hours ago
- 20 hours ago
@tkinias Yes, I think you're absolutely right!2 days ago