Excellent news! Welsh Newspapers Online have added six new titles to their database: Cambrian News 1860 -1910 Cambrian 1804-1910 Cardiff Times 1858 - 1910 Monmouthshire Merlin 1829 - 1884 South Wales Daily Post 1893 -1900 Weekly Mail 1879-1910 I was really impressed with this free-to-access archive when I reviewed it back in March. The new titles represent a significant expansion of the database - particularly in its coverage of South Wales. I've run through my usual set of searches and discovered another example of the 'You Kick the Bucket; We Do the Rest' joke!
- VMM Update – Finding Jokes
- Introducing… the Victorian Meme Machine!
- Nineteenth-Century Nuts: The Anatomy of a Victorian Lad’s Mag (Part 1)
- Talk: Digital Detectives – Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom
- Musical Prize Fight
- History and Humour: British and American Perspectives
- Gale Dissertation Research Fellowship 2013
- Welsh Newspapers Online – 6 New Titles Added.
- First Look: Gale Artemis
- First Look: Daily Mail Historical Archive
When your town is named Kevin, you're going to get some good headlines. pic.twitter.com/oeBq1lqGoL1 hour ago
Great Men make history. They chisel out hot chunks of raw time with their lumpen, meaty appendages. It's basic biol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago
Mrs Beeton was laid to rest in West Norwood cemetery, London in February 1865. And she was joined there by her husb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago
@history_alice This is genuinely the best history book cover I’ve seen in ages — it looks FABULOUS!3 hours ago