Excellent news! Welsh Newspapers Online have added six new titles to their database: Cambrian News 1860 -1910 Cambrian 1804-1910 Cardiff Times 1858 - 1910 Monmouthshire Merlin 1829 - 1884 South Wales Daily Post 1893 -1900 Weekly Mail 1879-1910 I was really impressed with this free-to-access archive when I reviewed it back in March. The new titles represent a significant expansion of the database - particularly in its coverage of South Wales. I've run through my usual set of searches and discovered another example of the 'You Kick the Bucket; We Do the Rest' joke!
- VMM Update – Finding Jokes
- Introducing… the Victorian Meme Machine!
- Nineteenth-Century Nuts: The Anatomy of a Victorian Lad’s Mag (Part 1)
- Talk: Digital Detectives – Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom
- Musical Prize Fight
- History and Humour: British and American Perspectives
- Gale Dissertation Research Fellowship 2013
- Welsh Newspapers Online – 6 New Titles Added.
- First Look: Gale Artemis
- First Look: Daily Mail Historical Archive
Our History finalists produced amazing work in the midst of the pandemic, from an international conference on Israe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago
I enjoyed this full-page notice from the first issue of The Umpire (1884). Sunday home delivery! pic.twitter.com/FcMkrJePlV2 days ago
— Tit-Bits (1884) pic.twitter.com/wmD814U5hm2 days ago
It’s Beatrix Potter’s birthday and once again I am reminded of these photographs of her walking a rabbit and grumpi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago
Anyone want this early-nineteenth century trunk? If so, DM me. I bought it for Rummage, and I am now downsizing. It… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago