Excellent news! Welsh Newspapers Online have added six new titles to their database: Cambrian News 1860 -1910 Cambrian 1804-1910 Cardiff Times 1858 - 1910 Monmouthshire Merlin 1829 - 1884 South Wales Daily Post 1893 -1900 Weekly Mail 1879-1910 I was really impressed with this free-to-access archive when I reviewed it back in March. The new titles represent a significant expansion of the database - particularly in its coverage of South Wales. I've run through my usual set of searches and discovered another example of the 'You Kick the Bucket; We Do the Rest' joke!
- VMM Update – Finding Jokes
- Introducing… the Victorian Meme Machine!
- Nineteenth-Century Nuts: The Anatomy of a Victorian Lad’s Mag (Part 1)
- Talk: Digital Detectives – Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom
- Musical Prize Fight
- History and Humour: British and American Perspectives
- Gale Dissertation Research Fellowship 2013
- Welsh Newspapers Online – 6 New Titles Added.
- First Look: Gale Artemis
- First Look: Daily Mail Historical Archive
catch me talking PALACES OF PLEASURE at 10.30 tomorrow, Southwark Cathedral Library ... great value if you're up fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago
Joke of the Day: What is the difference between a just decoration and a nude enemy? One is a fair bow, the other is a bare foe.1 day ago
It's official! Sadly, in the time between hearing I was a Dr and getting this certificate, the department of Histor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago
Come to this! Get a signed copy of my new book! Meet the lovely Shappi! 😊😊😊 twitter.com/waterstonespic…1 day ago
- 1 day ago