Title: 'Digital Detectives - Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom' Event: Digital Literacies - Building Learning Communities in the Humanities, HEA Arts & Humanities Workshop, Liverpool John Moores University, 2 April 2014. Hashtag: #DigitalLiteracies // Storify Notes: Last week I attended a brilliant HEA workshop organised by @DrHorrocks. In my presentation I spoke about my recent attempts to integrate digital research into my undergraduate teaching. I outlined how we can use digital archives to transform undergraduate history students into empowered producers, rather than just passive consumers, of research. If you're interested in learning more about the 'Digital Detectives' model of undergraduate history teaching then please get in touch - I offer talks and practical workshops for history departments that would like to make better use of their digital resources. I didn't write out a script for this presentation - the text below is a rough approximation of what I said on the day, accompanied by some of my powerpoint slides. I have also added some student feedback data, which was not available at the time of the presentation. About 5 years ago, when I first started teaching, I led a small seminar group of 1st year history students. [...]
- VMM Update – Finding Jokes
- Introducing… the Victorian Meme Machine!
- Nineteenth-Century Nuts: The Anatomy of a Victorian Lad’s Mag (Part 1)
- Talk: Digital Detectives – Bridging the Gap Between the Archive and the Classroom
- Musical Prize Fight
- History and Humour: British and American Perspectives
- Gale Dissertation Research Fellowship 2013
- Welsh Newspapers Online – 6 New Titles Added.
- First Look: Gale Artemis
- First Look: Daily Mail Historical Archive
- Tit-Bits (1886) pic.twitter.com/54E3ofkPwv11 hours ago
I’ll be on BBC2 on Saturday chatting all things Brontë and empire. Fond memories of filming on a gorgeous spring da… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…17 hours ago
- Tit-Bits (1886) pic.twitter.com/R4FKn14rGv1 day ago
- 2 days ago
- Tit-Bits (1886) pic.twitter.com/GLugqGnp5T2 days ago